Solar PV Installers and Maintenance Personnel are in demand in South Africa, but do they and their employers know their risks and responsibilities? Do you know how to compile a SHE Policy, SHE File, SHE Plan or SHE Specifications?
This course has been developed by the experts of Terra Firma Solutions in conjunction with experienced and accredited Solar PV Health and Safety Managers to ensure delegates are aware of their responsibilities, risks and hazards involved in solar PV and electrical installations.
What to expect from the course
We will review the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 step by step to make sense of the complicated legal jargon. This course will guide you through the rules and regulations of the Act ensuring you are fully compliant. In addition we will give you an understanding of the risks and how to mitigate them when working at heights or on roof tops undertaking electrical and solar PV installations / electrical connections and maintenance work.
You will learn the necessary steps involved in developing a comprehensive and complete SHE file for your company and how to maintain it. Your assessment will include the completion of your company’s SHE file.
You will also learn how to compile your SHE Plan based on your client’s SHE Specifications.
As per to the SHE File, we will also cover working at heights, how to conduct risk assessments, incident investigations, permit to work systems, firefighting, emergency response plan, lock outs, working with AC and DC currents and more.
Benefits of attending the course
- Learn how to develop a comprehensive and complete SHE file and complete the course with a full SHE file.
- Receive all templates you require to complete and maintain your SHE file.
- Learn how to reply to compile your SHE Plan based on your clients SHE Specifications.
- Attend accredited Solar PV Health & Safety training to fulfil insurance requirements.
- Gain an understanding of the Health & Safety act and other relevant regulations in order to fulfil your clients’ and your legal requirements.
- Understand the risks associated with a solar PV installation as well as electrical installations so that you can reduce your risks and ensure a safe and compliant working environment.
- Understand what your liabilities are and your legal requirements when involved in a Solar PV installation.
- Become certified in the field of solar PV / electrical installation Health & Safety and increase your employment opportunities.
- Become familiar with emergency response plans and response procedures including criminal activities.
- Learn about working at heights, risk assessments, incident investigations, permit to work systems, firefighting, emergency response plan, lock outs, working with AC and DC currents and more.
Who should attend?
- Solar PV Installers
- Solar PV Project Managers who need to manage SHE Plans and Files.
- Company owners and managers in the Solar PV industry who need to understand their obligations and responsibilities.
- Health and Safety Managers and Officers, who need to be able to assess and manage Solar PV sites and electrical installations.
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained